- some a some basic cookingware and utensiles
so that you can prepare basic food in the dorm room
- hiking boots, running shoes, swimming suit
- flash light
- a light jacket and sweater because it cools down at night at the beach
Plan some trips ahead of time
Our motto: Work hard - play hard
- Find a group to rent a car with
- Rent a bike (more info later)
Delivery Address While Being at Conference (Make sure you retrieve all things that were sent to you)
Machine Summer School
UC Santa Cruz
East Conference Office
Appartment Building 9, #201
1155 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
phone 831 502 7002
UCSC Student Health Center
- Student Health Services is located on McLaughlin Drive, across the street from Colleges 9 & 10.
- For more information: UCSC Student Health Services
Santa Cruz Metro (City Bus): Fare is $2 (one-way) or $6 for a day pass. Routes 10, 12, 15, 16, 19, and 20 go to the University. See the link for more information.
Grocery Stores: One option is the Safeway store at 2111 Mission Street (at Almar Ave, about 3.2 miles from Stevenson College). Mission Street (almost 3 miles down the hill from campus) is a commercial area with restaurants and other retail businesses. Newleaf Market (at 1101 Fair Avenue) is a popular health food store.
Drug Store: There is a large CVS store at 1700 Mission Street.
Down Town: The area around Pacific Avenue between Mission St. and Laurel St. is the downtown area with lots of restaurants shopping opportunities.
Bike Rentals: Consider: Epicenter Cycling (1700 Mission st, (831) 423-9000), Another Bike Shop (2361 Mission Street, (831) 427-2232), and Family Cycling Center (914 41st Avenue (831) 475-3883).